The Division has been contacted by
businesses and residences that are moving or relocating to new facilities or
response to these inquiries, the Division has suggestions
on making the move easier.
Things to do before you move:
- When packing: take only the things you have room
for, that you have used in the recent past and that
you are willing to pay to have moved.
- Use up existing stocks and supplies, such as
office supplies, chemicals, raw materials and
- Purge old materials. Recycle documents and records that are not used.
- Equipment and furniture may be given or sold. Other options include materials exchange,
- Mailing lists should be contacted regarding your
change of location. This gives you an opportunity to
update other groups you belong to.
- Arrange to have all wastes
disposed prior to moving.
Things to do after your move:
- Get to know you new neighbors and services including recycling opportunities in the local
- Update and revise any site plans, such as
for evacuations or contingencies. Are the same people in
charge? Will procedures be similar?
- Will you need a new site identification number? Notify
that the old number is no longer in use.